Christchurch is a beautiful city, I am sure all of my fellow residents in Christchurch would agree to this. It is always said that our surrounding atmosphere plays a big role in our life. And seeing the beauty of our city, we all try to give a beautiful look to our homes.
But, to sustain the beauty for the long period of time, it is imperative that the base or foundation of our home is very strong, considering a large portion of Christchurch is built on reclaimed swamp land, a word could never be truer.
To build a strong base for any construction, the activities involved in the process have to be carried out in a proper manner.
Excavation is one of the activities which usually needs to be performed while constructing a new building or renovating an existing building.
Excavation refers to the digging of the land at the site of construction. It helps to give the required movement to the soil beneath the surface of the earth to lay a foundation for the new building. This is taken care of by excavation contractors.
Consider the following points before deciding on the excavation contractor for your residential or commercial construction.
- Experience: You must select the contractor which has a good amount of experience in the industry as with the experienced contractors, you can be sure about the professionalism and there are very fewer chances of things going off the track in the excavation process.
But, be cautious as not just the years of experience matter, but also how well did they do carry out their previous projects matters significantly.
Talk to their previous clients, especially the ones which had a project similar to yours and inquire about the following things:
- Was the project completed on time?
- Were there any additional expenses incurred due to their mistakes?
- Were there any mistakes on their part during the entire process and if yes, how did they correct them?
- How did they handle the unexpected problems, if there arise any?
- Did they get rid of the dirt and other waste material in a safe manner?
- Certified: Make sure that the excavation contractors, you are hiring are certified by the law to carry out this activity.
- Safety: By ensuring the above point, you can be sure of the fact that your excavation hire services in Christchurch would adhere to all the safety guidelines as per the Worksafe NZ guidelines. However, check on your site that the staff of the excavation company takes all the measures required for working safely such as wearing a helmet and safety shoes.
- Trained staff: Even if the excavation company is highly experienced, it would not benefit you if the staff members, employed at your site are not trained well or experienced enough in the field. So, make sure that their employees carrying out excavation task for you are trained and experienced.
- Quick and efficient service: With the above point, you can be relieved of the worry of getting quick, quality and efficient service.
- Cost: We all have our own budget for any task. There would be excavation companies offering their services from the lowest to the highest rates. But, you need to choose the one which comes under your budget and provides efficient service at the same time.
- Always first try to know the prevailing rates for these services in your area or locality.
- Inquire about the price charged by different excavation contractors and compare them.
- Payment options: This is also an important point to consider while selecting the excavation contractor for your project. Try to fix the payment schedules, which are acceptable to both the parties so that it does not create any inconvenience for you.
These are some but not all of the reasons why you should contact us here at TBT EARTHWORKS